Business Property Insurance Options

Business Property Insurance Options

insurance for commercial property in Orlando

If you need insurance for commercial property in Orlando, you have a variety of policy options to choose from. This makes it easier to find the right policy for your business size, risks, and budget. The following are some of the most common commercial property policies.

Business Owners Policy

Many small and medium size businesses prefer to purchase business owners policies (BOPs). This is a package policy that groups liability and commercial property coverage.

Inland Marine

Businesses that have movable property often need inland marine coverage. This is not to be confused with ocean marine insurance, which provides coverage for cargo and ships that travel on water. Instead, inland marine refers to movable property such as tools, equipment, and art. In many cases, this property is referred to as floaters.

Builders Risk

A building under construction is not covered under the standard insurance for commercial property in Orlando. Instead, business owners need a special policy for the new building called builders risk. This policy is somewhat like inland marine coverage, but it is written on its own.


Property insurance does cover theft. However, certain types of property that are more vulnerable to theft may be excluded. For this reason, it may be advantageous to invest in crime coverage.

To learn more about what commercial insurance policies you need, contact an insurance agent. They can help you minimize your risk.